Interview with Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Band: Yngwie Malmsteen
By: Mohsen Fayyazi - 2013-06-04
JorZine, as media partners of Dubai Rock Fest 2013, are making a series of interviews with the bands that will participate in this event. Reporter "Mohsen Fayyazi" has conducted the following interview with the Sweden-born US-based guitar legend YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN, the festival's headlining act.
1. Hello Yngwie, Thanks for accepting the interview, how are you doing today?
I'm better than ever, thank you.
2. You're going to headline Dubai Rock Fest on 7th of June would you tell me if you were in the Middle East before?
I have traveled in parts of the Middle East. I find it very fascinating.
3. How do you feel about this trip?
It's very exciting.
4. Do you any plans for a teaching guitar during your time in Dubai?
Not this time...
5. Recently on May 16th, it was the third anniversary of the death of Ronnie James Dio, would you like to share your thoughts about him with us? Especially as you worked with him on the Hear 'N' Aid project and other ones.
Ronnie was a dear friend for almost thirty years, and I can say without a doubt that he was the greatest rock singer of all time.
6. Today, guitar players especially the young ones are trying to play faster and faster, but sometimes they forget that quality is more important than speed. Would you like to tell us your advice on playing guitar and what skills must a guitarist have to play faster than the speed of light?
There are many elements to keep in mind, but at the root of all of them is this: you must make every note count, slow or fast.
7. Thanks again Yngwie for giving me your time, as final word feel free to leave a message to your fans here
I can't wait to play and visit Dubai, it's very exciting!
Dubai Rock Fest 2013 is bringing some of the greatest Rock/Metal bands from all over the world to the United Arab Emirates. The event, which will take place on Friday 7th June at Dubai World Trade Center Arena, will be headlined by the Swedish-born US-based guitar maestro YNGWIE MALMSTEEN. Other participating bands are the Swedish Melodic Death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY, the Dutch Symphonic Metal band EPICA, Tunisian Oriental metallers MYRATH, French Heavy Metal act NIGHTMARE and the local Progressive Metal band ANURYZM.